What is Corporate Language Training? – An Introductory Guide for CEOs
By TOI Team August 12, 2022 Update on : December 8, 2022
Something that many CEOs have been hearing more and more about is corporate language training. Since the world has gone global, and so has business, there is more of a need now for CEOs and companies to invest in language learning of all kinds in order to stay relevant and ensure that their employees are ready and able to handle whatever interactions will come their way throughout the workday.
Here in this article, we are going to cover everything you as a CEO need to know about corporate language training for your workplace. Follow along to learn as much as you need to in order to feel comfortable investing in this for your company!
What is it?
Corporate language training is a way to train your employees in a new language through the workplace. Sometimes this may be a foreign language that they need in order to do international business, such as when an employee is being sent overseas for a project. Other times it may be teaching your employees better English skills in order to keep the company up to date on the business lingua franca.
Corporate language learning is designed to help develop, expand, and improve the language capabilities of employees and businesses. This will help push your business forward in the international business world as your employees are able to converse easily with clients from all over. How does it do this, you ask? Let’s cover that in the next part.
Why should I invest in it?
There is a plethora of reasons that a corporate language learning program is an incredible investment for your company, from business success to employee benefits.
- Business Success Perks: How your business will thrive.
- Do you have an international company? Are you trying to be? Well then, you need to be training your employees at home and abroad in whatever language they need in order to successfully do business. When working internationally, your employees need to be able to speak with clients in the language that they are comfortable with while being aware of any cultural cues and customs. This will give your business a glow in the eyes of the public as they see that your company takes the time to learn and respect the cultures where you do business.
- A language learning course will also help in the way of company productivity. Time and even money will be saved when employees can speak to each other clearly and efficiently. Just imagine a situation where one of your employees was unable to communicate their needs to another coworker, and the conversation takes up too much time and causes a miscommunication that costs the company money. Best to ensure that communication is not an issue by implementing corporate language training.
- Employee Benefits: How your employees will be able to grow professionally.
- Mental capabilities will increase as employees conquer learning a new language of some kind. Studies show that better focus, higher multitasking and problem-solving skills, and stronger attention to detail are common effects that have been seen after learning a new language. This arises from the brain forming new pathways while learning, and these pathways make your employees’ brains stronger and more flexible.
- Your employees will become more confident in their day-to-day jobs. With this confidence, they will be able to do their jobs more smoothly. Around 70% of employees have stated that their confidence boost after a language learning course has made them feel much better about their work, which means that they will be more likely to do well.
Where can I find it?
There are plenty of companies that help provide this kind of training for corporations, many on business language training platforms such as Preply.com. Reply Business offers its users a wide variety of class options, both face-to-face and virtual, which means that your employees will have plenty of flexibility to learn. The tutors will provide the best service possible to your employees, giving your company a great boost on the global market at a very attractive price and high ROI. There are, of course, many other options for training companies both virtually and in person. Whichever one you select, just be sure that they are willing to be flexible for the needs of your company and employees.
If you want your company to succeed, corporate language training is a key way to do so. According to recent studies, 72% of executives feel that better language skills lead to increased sales opportunities. If you want to join those ranks and see great numbers, then join in on the fun and get a language learning program incorporated at your company today!
We hope you’ve gleaned some useful information from this article, and we hope to see you again when you have more questions.