Actor Kevin Spacey Charged With Sexually Assaulting Three Men
By TOI Team May 26, 2022 Update on : May 26, 2022
The Crown Prosecution Service has accused actor Kevin Spacey with four charges of sexual assault against three men.
The 62-year-old was also charged with inducing a person to engage in penetrative sexual conduct without consent, according to the CPS. The claimed events occurred between March 2005 and August 2008 in London, and in April 2013 in Gloucestershire.
BREAKING: Kevin Spacey continues to face legal troubles. The actor has been charged with four counts of sexual assault against three men in the United Kingdom. Read more on the case here ➡️: https://t.co/sbSeHxWDTK pic.twitter.com/6veokMAh2O
— E! News (@enews) May 26, 2022
Spacey, who has disputed Rapp’s charges, is still entangled in a civil litigation over the allegations, which Rapp filed in New York. Spacey allegedly filed a motion to dismiss the complaint last month. Rapp’s co-claimant, known only as C.D., who claimed Spacey molested him as a youngster, was dismissed from the case in June after refusing to give his identify to the court.
Spacey assaulted director Tony Montana in a Los Angeles pub in 2003, according to Radar Online. And Mexican actor Roberto Cavazos said he met Spacey at the Old Vic Theater in London, where he was creative director from 2004 to 2015. Spacey, according to Cavazos, would attend the theater’s bar and squeeze whoever grabbed his interest.
Spacey is also fighting a $31 million arbitration lawsuit stemming from his tenure on House of Cards. Following Rapp’s charges, Spacey was sacked from the erstwhile flagship Netflix program. The program’s producer, MRC, won an arbitration judgment in 2020, claiming that Spacey owed them $31 million in lost revenues as a result of his departure from the show.
Later that year, the Old Vic theater in London said that it had received 20 claims of inappropriate conduct against Spacey during his tenure there. In the 1990s, Spacey began acting in the theater.
Spacey looked to be making a return earlier this month when two projects featuring him “Peter Five Eight” and “Gateway to the West” were shopped around at Cannes. Any comeback is likely to be put on wait while he focuses on his newest legal struggle.