Broward Single Sign On: What Is It And How To Use It?
By TOI Staff March 20, 2023 Update on : March 20, 2023
Broward public schools is a large Education district of Broward County, Florida, USA; it has at least 327 schools, 15,000 teachers, and more than 200,000 students. These teachers and students use a lot of different online apps as educational resources.
Having dozens of different online resources can be a hassle, especially for students, because you need to remember different credentials for each app. Remembering this many different passwords is quite difficult, so most people either write them down on paper or in a word or excel file or set one password for all accounts.
Both of these approaches are unsafe because if someone has access to the file or page where you store your passwords, they can easily access your online resources. And if you use one password for all, anyone who knows your password can access any of your online resources. To solve this problem, Broward County Public Schools use Broward Single Sign On; this article will discuss what it is and how to use it.
What is Broward Single Sign On?
Broward Single Sign On is an exclusive portal for teachers and students of the Broward school district to access their online resources. The advantage of this portal is that you don’t have to remember credentials from all of your dozen different online resources.
You only need to remember your Username and password for Broward SSO, and it will remember all the passwords for your different resources. Another advantage of this portal is that you don’t have to remember what online resources you need to use. Every student and teacher will have the online apps that they need to use listed in their dashboard.
How to access Broward Single Sign On?
Broward SSO is an online portal which means you can access it as long as you have a working computer or Smartphone connected to the internet. To access this portal, follow the following steps:
- Open any browser on your mobile, laptop, or tablet and go to browardschools.com.
- You will see the Broward County Public Schools Homepage; find a sign-in button at the upper right corner of the screen and click it.
- You will see a clever.com page that has options such as login, help, recovery, etc.; select the first option saying “Login with Active Directory.”
- You will see a login form with two fields of Username and Password, fill up your credentials at the right places and click sign in.
- You will see the Broward Single Sign-On dashboard with all available online apps.
Note: If you are a student, then your Username will be your student no, and if you are a teacher or other staff member, then your Username will be your staff ID.
Can I access Broward Single Sign On?
Broward Single Sign On is an exclusive portal for Students, their parents, and staff members of Broward public schools. If you fit these criteria, you can access this portal; if not, this portal is not for you. Another thing is that even if you fit the criteria mentioned above, you first need to register your account. Without an account, you also can’t access this portal, so how do you register your Broward SSO account?
If you are a student, you can create your account by visiting your instructor. They will help you through all the formalities, create your account and give you your initial credentials. You should take time to change your initial password because your instructor and other staff members also know it. They may have also recorded it somewhere, which is very unsafe because anyone who knows your password can hack or misuse your account.
If you are a staff member at one of the schools at Broward Public Schools, you can create your account by contacting the technical team. They will help you create your account and give you your credentials. When you get these credentials, change your password as soon as possible to be on the safe side.
If your child is a student at one of the schools at Broward Public Schools, you can call the tech team or instructors to help you create your account.
How to recover my Broward Single Sign-On account if I forget my password?
Broward Single Sign-On allows you to configure your recovery methods for when you forget your password. If you have configured your recovery method, you can recover the password by following the following steps.
- Open your browser and Go to Broward Public Schools’ official website at browardschools.com.
- Click the sign-in button at the upper right corner of the homepage.
- You will get a clever.com page with login, help, and recovery options; click the “Recover your account” option.
- You will get an account recovery page and an input field, and a button. Enter your user name in the input field and click the ‘next’ button.
- Now you will have to follow a couple more steps according to the recovery method you configured. Follow the required steps, and you can reset your password easily.
If you didn’t configure a recovery method for your Broward Single Sign-On account, don’t worry; you can still recover your account. If you are a student, contact your instructor; if you are a staff member, contact the tech team, they will help you recover or reset your password.