How to Change Kik Username and Display Name? (Latest Updated)
By TOI Editor November 27, 2021 Update on : June 14, 2022
Kik is the most popular Canadian-based messaging mobile app that’s totally free. There are more valuable features in Kik. It’s very user-friendly. Let’s see how to create a Kik Account? How to change Kik Username, Kik Display Name, and how to delete Kik Account permanently? Kik messenger is safe or dangerous? and in details of Kik.
What is Kik?
Kik is a free instant messaging mobile app that allows you to communicate with family and friends in direct messages or group chats through Wi-Fi or mobile data. It’s a Canadian company Kik Interactive which was founded in 2009.
Kik is a massaging application that can be utilized on both android and iPhone. The well-known application which is allowed to utilize is Viber and WhatsApp yet has some extra capacities that separate them. For instance, an interior program, which means users are urged to invest more energy inside the application.
The primary elements of Kik are:
- Coordinated talking
- Send messages, recordings, pictures, gifs, and so on
- Gathering talk (with up to 49 different users)
- Mysterious talk
- Elevated Chats permit users to follow and talk with various brands in music, amusement, and then some. Users will know an advanced record by the Green Star close to their profile.
How to Create Kik Account?
It’s a very simple step. At first download the Kik App on your mobile device and Sing up.
What information do you need to open a Kik Account? You can choose a favorite profile picture, a valid email address, Display Name (First name and Last name), Username, Password, Phone number, and birth date to create a Kik Account.
Follow these simple steps to create a Kik Account:
- At first, open your KiK App on your smartphone.
- Click on the “SIGN UP” bottom.
- Type all data correctly step by step.
- Upload your profile image
- Type your “First Name”
- And type your “Last Name”
- Type your “Username” (Mind it, this username wouldn’t changeable after creating an account.)
- And type a “Valid Email Address” (Don’t forget to confirm email verification)
- Type “Strong Password” to protect your account from hackers.
- Input your “Birth Date”
- Enter your “Phone Number”
- Finally, click on the “SIGN UP” button.
If you have perfectly completed all the steps mentioned above then you can see your Kik Account successfully has been created. Now you can use it.
Kik Username vs Kik Display Name:
There are two names on Kik.
- Kik User Name: Kik Username is a unique identifier name on Kik, so you can’t change Kik User Name because it’s not changeable. It’s not visible publically.
- Display Name: Kik Display Name is the people’s visible name on Kik. It’s a changeable name but you can’t identify any unique user by the display name.
- Your username is needed to track down your profile. If somebody gets your username wrong, they cannot think that you are on Kik,
- Also as User names can just hold back letters, numbers, periods (.), and highlight (_); other exceptional characters and emoticon must be remembered for display names.
- Then again, the names displayed show up at the highest point of your companions’ talk screen, in warnings, and in contact records.
How to Change Kik Username/ Kik Display Name?
Normally, Kik utilizes two names. One is the presentation name like display name and another is the username. The username is your one-of-a-kind identifier and is attached to your Kik Account. You can’t change your Kik Username yet because it uniquely identifies you and it isn’t publically shown. After creating a profile on Kik, users are unable to change their usernames.
However, you can change your Kik Display Name easily on Kik. When people see you on Kik, they see your display name, not your username. If you change your Kik Display Name, your friends will see your new name.
How you can change your Display Name on your Kik Account?
If you’ve been using a certain name as your display name but now want to change it to something else.
To find out how exactly you can do that for this first of all make sure that you’ve already downloaded the kick app on your mobile device. And that you’re already logged into your account if you’re already logged into your account when you open up the app.
You will land on an interface like this that will show you all of your chats there on the top left corner you can see a settings option tap on the settings option and there select your account.
As you select your account you can see that your username is displayed email and your name is displayed now because you want to change your display name. Tap on the name and as you tap your name you can change your name and then tap on save on the top right corner. After you do this it will say that your name has been updated and now what you can do is when you go back you’ll be able to see that your display name has been changed.
So this is basically how you can change your display name on your kick account. It’s a very simple process.
Follow these simple steps;
Change your Kik Display Name:
- Open the “Kik App” on your mobile device and “Log in”.
- Select the “cog” icon in the upper left section of the primary page to access settings.
- Select “Your Account” from the options.
- Tap on “Name”.
- Change your Kik Display Name (First Name and Last Name) to something different, then at that point, click on “SAVE” in the upper right area.
How to delete your Kik Account permanently?
If you’ve decided to deactivate your Kik Account, keep in mind that even if you cancel your account, it won’t be permanently deleted. This is only a temporary deactivation, and you can reactivate your account at any time.
However, you’ll need to take a few further actions if you want to permanently delete your account and information.
Follow these simple steps;
How to permanently Deactivate your Kik Account:
At first, open your Kik App from the App store.
- Login to your Kik Account.
- Now click on the top left corner in the “settings icon”.
- Click on the “Help & About Us” button.
- Click on “Help”
- Type “Delete Account” on the search bar.
- Please scroll down below and click on “permanent website deactivation”
- How do I delete my Kik Account?
- Type your “Username”
- Type your “Email Address”
- Please let us know why you’re leaving Kik:
- Click on the “Tick Mark”
- Finally, click on the “Go” button. You can also know more about PDF Drive.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Kik
What is Kik messenger app?
Kik is a free messaging app that enables you to communicate with family and friends through Wi-Fi or mobile data. Not at all like other applications that expect you to unveil your telephone number, has Kik permitted you to join and send messages with simply your email address, which keeps up with your security. is a freeware texting versatile application from the Canadian Company Kik Interactive.
What is Kik used for?
Kik is a free informing application that permits users to stay in contact with loved ones utilizing Wi-Fi or your telephone’s versatile information. Kik just requires an email address to join there’s no compelling reason to give a telephone number.
Is Kik messenger safe?
Yes, Kik is totally secure. It does not provide any of your personal information to your contact. Its protection highlights have made it well known among more youthful users, however, they have additionally made it appealing to individuals wishing to utilize the application in a harmful way.
Is Kik Safe for Kids?
Kik messenger is geared toward adults, as evidenced by its new 17+ rating on both the iTunes and Google Play stores. This makes it easier for children to converse with adults and exposes them to potentially harmful or unpleasant content. Kik messenger is not suitable for children under the age of 18.
Is Kik safe to send pictures?
Kik is safe to use if you use it wisely and in good faith. Its privacy features have made it popular among younger users, but they have also made it appealing to those who want to abuse the software.
What are Kik groups?
A Kik group may only have 50 members at a time. When someone joins a chat group, they take up one of those slots and remain there until they leave the group. That means that some groups, although seeming to be “full,” end up with little activity.
What is Kik live stream?
Presently Kik carries out another new component considered Go Live on its foundation a month prior (someplace June 9, 2021). You can go live or make live gushing on Kik for nothing with a new update. Not just that, you can even watch other Kik users’ online transfer recordings and send gifts to them.
What are the dangers of using Kik?
Users can convey without uncovering their real names or telephone numbers, and Kik doesn’t follow the substance of messages or the telephone quantities of users. This makes it hard for law authorization and guardians to get practically any data about the individual on the opposite finish of the message.
What does s m h mean on Kik?
SMH stands for “shake my head” or “shaking my head” on the internet. It’s used to convey disappointment or amazement in the face of what seems to be evident ignorance or obliviousness.
Can you be anonymous on Kik?
Kik is known for its highlights protecting users’ obscurity, for example, permitting users to enroll without the need to give a phone number or legitimate email address.
How do I find people near me on Kik?
To view users near your area, click the “Show People Nearby” button above and then “ALLOW LOCATION ACCESS”. Observing individuals on Kik just got more straightforward with our most recent update! At the point when you tap the Talk To symbol in the upper right of your visits list, you’ll see a rundown of the relative multitude of individuals you’re visiting with, and can rapidly look for your companions. In case you’re searching for additional individuals to associate with, tap Find People.
Can you be tracked on Kik?
Kik and comparative applications like WhatsApp permit users to send secure messages over the web. Kik doesn’t follow the substance of messages or the telephone quantities of users, making it hard for police to find distinguishing data in youngster erotic entertainment cases.
What happens if you delete Kik?
If you delete your Kik Account completely, you will lose access to all of your conversation history, friend information, and username. Once you’ve deleted your account, you won’t be able to re-register with the same username.
Does Kik use your location?
The new component is suitably named Glimpse for Kik and works inside the natural courier application to impart your area to your companions and contacts. There’s no compelling reason to pass on Kik to share your district if you have Glimpse introduced it’s completely coordinated.