Top Reasons to Use PDF Documents
By TOI Team August 31, 2023 Update on : August 31, 2023
Creating, storing, and sharing files is always a necessity for businesses and individuals. There are numerous virtual document formats available these days, and it is essential to pick the most fitting one. A file format must be convenient to use and secure. When some people ask why use PDF documents, the answer is exactly because they are convenient and safe. There are plenty of reasons why you should make a PDF file and use it regularly. In this article, you will discover some of the main reasons why PDFs are so popular and what is PDF format to begin with.
About PDF Files
Before jumping into the advantages of PDFs, it is important to learn what PDF format means in the first place. This abbreviation stands for Portable Document Format. The format was developed by Adobe for convenient and secure documentation editing and sharing. Millions of people worldwide are using PDFs right now for business or personal purposes. The format PDF can be created, viewed, and edited through the Adobe Acrobat program. However, one of the key pros of using this format is that it can be viewed on any platform and does not require having appropriate software installed.
The Pros of Using PDF Files
Just like any digital format, PDF has its pros and cons. It is simple to make a PDF, but editing it is not as easy as writing in a Word file. Because of this, some people think that it is difficult to work with PDFs, but in reality, this is one of the most accessible and secure formats. Here are some of the key benefits of PDF format:
- Portable format: This file format can be accessible from any platform, desktop, or mobile. Regardless of your operating system, whether it is Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, or other, it is possible to view and manage PDF documents. The PDF solution is especially convenient for remote workers.
- Combining files: Another very useful PDF technology for remote work is the ability to merge different PDF files. This way different people can work on their PDF documents and merge them later.
- Accessibility: Not only can PDFs be accessed from any computer or portable device, but they can also be easily viewed on the Internet. Most browsers support viewing PDF documents, and it allows accessing them without downloading.
- Powerful editing: PDF format has a wide range of features and options that allow convenient and diverse editing. There are more possibilities than some other formats can offer. To edit your PDF files, it is necessary to use a reliable PDF tool. It is possible to use Adobe Acrobat after installing it on your device. However, it is also very convenient to use features offered on the official Adobe web page. Another solution is using a third-party PDF generator online.
- Security measures: One of the key reasons to create PDF file instead of other formats is its high security. Companies use PDFs most of the time for sharing various business data, and they must be protected. PDFs are very secure as thanks to the encryption of the information and passwords, they can be used to make files even more protected from intrusion.
- Electronic signatures: This solution is not only extremely convenient but also environmentally friendly. Before it was necessary to print out all the papers and sign them before scanning once again to have digital documents with signatures. Thanks to e-signing, it becomes possible to place signatures digitally and receive official documents this way. Such a solution is also time-saving, which is crucial for companies with remote employees.
- Interactive solutions: Apart from text, PDF documents can contain all types of media elements. Not only are they easy to use, but they expand the possibilities for digital documentation. In addition, these elements do not make the quality of files lower and the documents remain easy to edit and share.
These are some of the main reasons to use PDF documents, but not all of them. PDF solutions continue evolving and improving all the time. Specialists believe that this format is here to stay for a very long time. While other formats can become obsolete, this one only grows.Read more: Top Reasons to Use PDF Documents