Project Free TV: How to Use It to Watch Movies Online
By TOI Team August 19, 2022 Update on : August 19, 2022
Project Free TV is a movie streaming website. You can watch thousands of movies and TV serials on it for free. The website requires no payment or subscription fee. It is an excellent platform for movie fans that like to save money. After all, why pay for something you can get for free? Project Free TV is not the only website of its kind. There are several other free movie websites on the internet, and they provide the same services as the Project Free TV website.
But it doesn’t mean this website has no advantages. It has a fantastic collection of vintage movies and dramas and an ever-growing collection of modern films. Free movie websites are not mutually exclusive, so you don’t have to choose one and ignore the rest. Every one of them has a different collection of movies and TV serials. You can select two or more of them to expand your options; it doesn’t cost you anything.
The main difference between ProjectFreeTV and its peers is that it doesn’t host a single movie. All the content displayed on the website is stored on other websites and servers. This allows it to provide more films to its visitors.
But as a consequence, the website’s speed is slightly slower than its peers, as it needs to fetch the content from other servers every time a visitor requests.
Do I need to register an account on Project Free TV website?
No! You don’t need to register an account on Project Free TV. You can access all of the website’s content without an account. But Sign-Up an account is not necessarily bad, as it’s free and doesn’t require much time.
Although you can watch and download movies and dramas without registering an account, you can’t rate them or add them to your favorite list. If you think being unable to do so is just fine, then it’s Okay.
But if you want to utilize these features, you should consider registering an account. You can register a Project Free TV account through the following steps:
- Click on the login icon at the top-right corner of the website.
- A login form will pop up; if you already have an account, enter the email and password in their respective fields and click on the login button. But if you don’t have an account, click ‘Register’ at the bottom of the form.
- You will get a registration form, and you need to provide a Name, Email, and Password. Once you enter them in their respective fields, click register.
- Now you have a Project Free TV account.
If you are uncomfortable with providing your name and Email, don’t worry; you don’t need to use personal info; you can enter a fake name and Email. It will work fine as the website doesn’t confirm whether the Email exists or not.
Project Free TV provides 4 classic tools to make navigation easier. They allow you spend less time finding movies and more time watching them.
- Search Bar
It is a very common but valuable search area for navigation. You can write a name in it and search movies based on that name. For example, if you search “Bond” in the search bar, you will get all movies on the website with “Bond” in their title.
Now you can go through the search results and find the movie you want. Thanks to this tool, you don’t have to browse thousands of movies to watch one desired movie.
Genres are categories that divide movies into groups based on their story or content. Categories, by nature, make navigation easier. Suppose you want to watch an Adventure movie; you need to click on the Adventure genre to get all the movies of that type. Project Free TV supports 28 genres:
- Action & Adventure
- Sci-Fi & Fantasy
- Science Fiction
- TV Movie
- War & Politics
The country here represents the movie’s origin or nationality. Project Free TV has movies and dramas from many different countries. Although it represents a movie’s nationality, it can also be a powerful navigation tool. Suppose you want to watch a Chinese film but don’t have a particular title in mind. What would you do? Select China from the list of countries, and you will get all the Chinese movies. Now you can choose a film to watch.
Project Free TV website has movies from the following countries:
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- New Zealand
- South Africa
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
A filter is an advanced navigation tool. You use it when you want a movie with particular qualities. You can select one or more genres and countries, one release date, and video quality. The filter represents countries and genres as checkboxes, release dates, and video quality as radio buttons.
You can adjust the checkboxes and radio buttons according to your needs and click the filter. You will get all movies on the website that matches your search criteria.
If you click the filter button and don’t get a single movie against the search result, don’t worry. The most likely reason is that not a single film on the website matches your requirements.
How to stream movies on Project Free TV?
You can stream movies and dramas on Project Free TV through simple steps.
- Open your favorite browser like Google and search “Project Free TV.”
- Then open the first link shown in Google SERP.
- Now you are on ProjectFreeTV.
- Choose a Movie and click it.
- Now you are on a movie streaming page of the website. You start watching the movie by clicking the video play button.
How to download movies from Project Free TV?
Once you start streaming the movie, you get the option of downloading it to your computer. You can easily download movies from Project Free TV through the following steps.
- Start streaming a movie.
- You will see an orange button with the name “download” at the bottom right corner of your video player.
- Now you are on the Ninja Share website. The website provides a list of download servers where you can download the movie. Choose one server from the list and click it.
- Now you are on your chosen server, which provides you with a download link.
- Click that download link to start downloading the movie.
Is it legal to watch movies on Project Free TV?
It depends on your location. In the majority of countries, watching pirated movies online is not illegal. So if you only stream movies on Project Free TV, then you aren’t doing anything illegal.
But downloading pirated movies to your computer or distributing them for profit is illegal. So, it’s best if you don’t download movies from this site, if you can help it, to be on the safe side. But if you download some movies, don’t distribute or sell them anyway. That is, if you value your freedom and safety.
Law enforcement and government authorities are after Project Free TV owners because they distribute copyrighted content for profit. They won’t even notice as they are too busy chasing the big guys. So, no one will come after you even if you download a few copyrighted movies.
But if you dare to distribute movies on a large scale without a license, you will get the same treatment as the owners of pirated websites.
As mentioned before, Project Free TV is a pirated website as it distributes movies without a proper license. All pirated websites are considered dangerous to a certain extent. Following are the primary sources of danger:
Ads: Ads on illegal websites have proven themselves to be dangerous, time and time again. Hackers use them to spread malware to consumers’ computers. The malware can do various illegal actions on a computer, and all of those actions are malicious.
- The malware may steal, destroy or encrypt files on your computer. The loss, in this case, depends on the type of files on the computer. In the worst case, if the files on the computer were essential business files, you can imagine the loss.
- The malware may use your device to mine Bitcoins without your permission. It can significantly decrease your device’s speed, performance, and lifespan and increase your electricity bill.
- The malware can secretly make your computer a part of a botnet. Botnets are a network of infected computers and devices connected to the internet. They communicate with other infected devices and perform tasks ordered by Botnet controllers in a unified way. They are usually used to commit ad frauds and Denial of Service attacks.
- Downloads: All movies and TV series on Project Free TV could be infected with viruses, as they come from various sources. No one can guarantee they aren’t in such situations. Downloading movies and TV series from this website is a security risk.
- Age restriction: The website has all kinds of movies, some of which are unsuitable for minors. But the website doesn’t impose any age restriction and provides no parental control option. Minors visiting this site can potentially see what they shouldn’t.
Now that we know the sources of danger let’s talk about how to avoid them. Following are the precautions to keep you safe when using Project Free TV.
- Anonymity: Use a VPN to access the website anonymously. The benefit of anonymity is that no one will know your IP and physical location. It will make you invisible to surveillance or government agencies and hackers. On the one hand, it will significantly lower your risk of getting into legal trouble. On the other hand, it will make you much harder to hack. Hackers don’t like challenging targets, so hopefully, they won’t bother you.
- Avoid Ads: Now that we know the dangers of ads on illegal websites, the most logical solution is to avoid them. ProjectFreeTV has a lot of ads, and they are the most annoying breed of ads, popups. You can’t get rid of them; as soon as you close one, a new one will pop up to take its place in 30 seconds. Aside from these ads, the website redirects you to strange sites. And it does so frequently; any action you do on the website can trigger a redirect, e.g., scrolling, clicking on a link, or going to the previous page.
How to stay safe:
- Don’t click on the popup, no matter how many times you see it.
- Close unknown websites immediately without performing a single action. The unknown sites are just as dangerous as ads. They could host dangerous malware that could download to your computer if you click something. They can be scam websites trying to sell you something that doesn’t even exist.
- Use ad-blocker to lower the number of ads. Even the ad-blocker can’t eliminate all ads on Project Free TV.
- Antivirus: No matter how careful you are, viruses will find their way to your computer from the internet. Antivirus is the best protection against viruses, so you should get one if you don’t have one already. It can effectively neutralize any viruses that sneak into your computer from ProjectFreeTV.
- Be vigilant: Last, stay vigilant and notice anything unusual with your computer. If your computer’s performance is slower than before, scan it with antivirus to ensure everything is alright.
Does Project Free TV have a premium version?
No, it doesn’t have a premium version. You can access all its movies without paying a single penny.
Why can’t I access it on the internet?
There can be two reasons why you can’t access Project Free TV.
- It’s geo-blocked in your country. You can bypass the ban by using a VPN or tor network.
- And it’s under maintenance. You can try accessing it after half an hour.
Does the website provide a customer support service?
No, there is no customer support on Project Free TV. You can’t even contact the site’s support team. Although the contact-us page has buttons saying Facebook, Twitter, Telegram, and Skype, none of them point to actual social media profiles.
What are the alternatives to Project Free TV?
There are many alternatives to Project Free TV that provide free movies. Some of them are as follows:
- Apne TV
- IFVOD TV
- IYF TV
- Attacker TV
Project Free TV is a great place to watch movies for free. But you have to deal with annoying ads and safety threats. It is up to you to decide whether it’s worth using.
If you find it worth visiting, please take precautions to ensure your safety.